11 Mar The 2020 St. Maarteen Extravaganza
The Much Awaited 2020 St. Maarteen Carnival.
St. Marteen is one of the island countries situated in the Caribbean Sea. The island is situated 150 miles away from the southeast region of Puerto Rico at the north end of the Lesser Antilles. The population of this island is approximately 33,000. With an area of only 37 square miles, the island of St. Maarten/St. Martin is the smallest landmass in the world to be divided between two governments – Netherlands and France… Stunning beaches, exquisite cuisine, The Maho beach and most importantly, amazing people characterize St. Maarten.
The carnival in St. Marteen signifies the ultimate celebration in life. People from all over the world gather here to celebrate Carnival to enjoy the local culture, cuisine, food, music, pageantry, and many other special things. Although the extravaganza kicks off on the 21st of March, the actual carnival starts from 16th April and continues till the 4th of May. Let us skim through the entire 27 days of the carnival now.
The event kicks off as a warm-up in the late-March.
- On Saturday, March 21 there is a CAUSEWAY JUMP UP. So, get ready to burn some calories
- 7 days later, on 28th March, there is RIDDIM INVASION which is presented by DTF.
- On the 29th of March, Sunday, prepare your tummies for some divine food as there is the KALABOOM SUNDAY BRUNCH SOCA EDITION.
March has only these 3 days as these days serves as an appetizer for the delicious meal that is to come.
As April arrives, the event will raise the temperature rather than a few degrees high.
- On April 3rd, Friday, there is an AROUND TOWN JUMP UP.
- On the very next day, the 4th of April there is a double event of JUNIOR CARNIVAL QUEEN PAGEANT and SWANKS BDAY BASH OVERLOAD SXM 2020.
- The next day seems to be a relaxing one as there is an RSVP “I’M ON A BOAT” EDITION
- After a gap of 5 days, on 11th April, there is a CARNIVAL JAM by THIRTYSEVEN21ENT.
If you thought that these were the part of the carnival, you were dead wrong. These were just the warm-up days.
- On Thursday, April 16th, the CARNIVAL VILLAGE OPENS.
- The music starts the next day as on April 17th, the CARNIVAL LEGENDARY BANDS SHOWCASE their talents.
- April 18th has a ROAD MAP & BAND CLASH COMPETITION.
- April 19th sees, a JUNIOR CARNIVAL PARADE/CULTURE NIGHT for the young members.
- April 20th hosts a tummy teaser as CARNIVAL VILLAGE COOK-UP & COCK-UP entices you to try different dishes.
- The CARNIVAL PAN EXPLOSION takes place on April 21st.
- April 22nd hosts the first concert, the SONS D’AMOUR INTERNATIONAL ZOUK CONCERT.
- April 23rd has something special in store for the young visitors in the form of YOUTH EXTRAVAGANZA.
- There is a FLAG FEST INTERNATIONAL CONCERT on April 24th.
- On the next day, the 25th of April, the hitmakers gather for the NIGHT OF THE HIT MAKERS.
- April 26th has a double event in store for everyone. A LAST MAN STANDING BREAKFAST FETE (5 A.M. in the morning) & NAGICO SENIOR CALYPSO FINALS (7 p.m. during the night).
- April 27th kicks off with a JOUVERT MORNING JUMP-UP (4 A.M.) and ends with a FREE OPEN VILLAGE NIGHT (8 P.M.)
- SOULFUL COMPANY CONCERT entertains everyone on April 28th.
- On April 29th, there is the much-awaited NOCHE LATINA CONCERT.
- On the last day of the month of April, there is a GRAND CARNIVAL PARADE to close the month.
As the month of May begin and the temperatures rise up, the party still continues in St. Maarten.
- May 1st continues the second day of the parade with the SUNSET DAYLIGHT PARADE.
- On the 2nd of May, the island hosts the last concert in the form of ONE LOVE REGGAE CONCERT.
- On a penultimate day (3rd May), the island hosts BACCHANAL SUNDAY.
- The event comes to an end the following day.
If you have never visited St.Maarten during the carnival, then make your plans right now as you will never see a celebration of life like this anywhere else in the world. Come, live in the moment, enjoy and return home with the utmost satisfaction in your face.